I’m going to confess something that I haven’t done anywhere else on a public site. The length of all tiles of the TILE within Dark Side of the Rainbow are the same, and that time is 71 seconds. Night before last, the wife and I watched a new Dr. Who episode about a mummy who killed exactly 66 seconds after first appearing to the victim. There were no deviations. This is similar to that.
Interesting that the killing actually occurs at 71 seconds into the video.
Likewise, a metaphorical stopwatch begins as Dorothy topples into the Kansas pigpen at 4:00 into Dark Side of the Rainbow. Exactly 13 x 71 seconds later we go through the front door of her aunt and uncle’s wrecked Kansas farmhouse and into Oz. This is A-M, the first half of TILE within Dark Side of the Rainbow. This is the “I” plus the “E”: 5 + 8 = 13. This is the perfect half of TILE within the synch, the Kansas part.
Start the stopwatch again as Dorothy enters Oz in crossing the door’s threshhold. More specifically, we have crosssed from Kansas to Munchkinland, one of the 5 main regions of Baum’s Oz. 12 x 71 seconds later we are going to assume a permanent move away from Munckinland in the movie in segueing to the Scarecrow’s cornfield where he’s stuck on a pole, unable to dance and sing like he wishes. Soon Dorothy will take care of all that. “Brain Damage” is the commence-to-jiggering tune. But back to TILE…
When the scene changes in the Oz movie to the cornfield, we have effectively exited TILE — Realm of Letters — and moved back into the Realm of Numbers. Lucky us. Also remember that the Oz half of TILE within Dark Side is missing one tile of 71 seconds, and that this has been instead moved (hidden) within the numbers realm. This signifies Ozma, true ruler of the land.
I will share another confession now. I believe that *CHRO* is hidden within Oz/Munchkinland of TILE here. CHRO is composed of 12 differently colored elements, just like Muchkinland has been deviously reduced from 13 to 12 tiles.
This examination lies beyond the scope of the present study.
Let’s take some more questions and answers, this time through email.
Billy the Syd writes from Utah, Pennsylavania:
“Hi Baker B.! I’m a big fan of your blog and read it regularly once every 5 months. I have a question about the newest posts I scanned today. They concern rainbowology. Actually I have several questions. Actually I have 5 questions, one for each month. First, do you wear a hat like Baker Bloch in real life? I’m going to assume you don’t have a blackbird perched on your shoulder all the time, hee hee (or haa haa). Second, where is Baker Bloch’s father Space Ghost now? Last I heard he was in Noru, and I believe you’re in Rubi now. Right? Third — and I’ll attempt to focus on rainbowology now — you say that TILE is within Dark Side of the Rainbow, or it comes from there, like a baby I suppose. What does that have to do with the enneagram that jump started this whole series I just finished perusing? Fourth, does the wife approve of your blog and does she read it? And, five, if you could take one part of the blog to a deserted island, which part would it be? Thanks for writing so much and keeping me entertained every blue moon! Peace, Billy.
Thanks for the email Billy, and thanks for checking out the Baker Bloch blog now and then.
1) No. I wear a cap at times that advertises the Blue Mountain Greenway.
2) Elderly Space Ghost is still around. After all, ghosts can’t die (haa haa).
3) Good question! I forgot to tie all that up. The enneagram of Dark Side of the Rainbow is a triangle that comes from without the synch and enters it at a specific point, which is the 3rd roar of MGM mascot Leo the Lion that acts as original cue for the synch. There are 3 clearly defined 3rd lion roars in the 1939 Wizard of Oz movie. The ennegram space is filled by combining the 3rd (uttered instead by the Cowardly Lion of Oz, in the Winkie’s haunted forest) with the 1st (aforemention Leo’s 3rd roar at the beginning of the film). That’s the short answer. This fill in the *gaps* left in the original audio-video mashup. Again specifically, these gaps filled by the *death moment of the Wicked Witch of the West* (end of “Time”) and Dorothy’s return from Oz to Kansas almost at the end of the Oz movie (at the end of “Money”). Again — nice query!
4) Yes. She doesn’t read it nearly as much as I do (smile).
5) I’d probably take one of the hybrid sections to said island, perhaps “6 Weeks of Shining” or “Baker Bloch in England” or perhaps one of the sections analyzing collages.
Peace to you as well my friend!
Barely Singwright of Steptoe, Washington pens:
Baker, do you have a minute? I have a question about where to score some good dope in the Spokane area. I’ll be 2 miles from downtown on the west side this coming Sunday. A quick response is much appreciated.
Sorry, Barely Singwright. Can’t help you there! I don’t partake and I don’t live anywhere at all near you. Sorry for the confusion!
Let’s tackle one more email…
Ginger “GiGi” Gilligan of Skillet, Nebraska writes:
I wish to speak to Hucka Doobie about the Time Lords. He knows. Let me speak to him through you the channeler. Let me know if there is a problem and I’ll attempt to communicate with him another way. Thanks in advance, GiGi.
That is an interesting request, GiGi! Let’s see if I can summon him up. It’s more difficult during the day, because he’s allergic to The Sun. “Your Sun” as he likes to disown it.
Tell GiGi to stop waking me up in the middle of the day and, yeah, try to communicate with me another way. See you tonight perhaps baker b.!
And there you have it. Confessions of a Rainbowologist part 09 coming up!